e-mail and anonymity

Hi,

I am not shure I understand very well how mailing lists like this works, so correct me if I don't do it the way it should be.
I'm just gonna ask my question here, right ? :

If one wants to be anonymous when sending an receiving mails, one should use privoxy and tor on his browser and also disable Java, _javascript_, cookies and so on.
Any webmail I tried to subscibe to couldn't work without either _javascript_ or Cookies enabled so I suppose webmails needs _javascript_ and/or Cookies enabled to work properly, am I right ?
In that case, one can't be sure of its anonymity (as cookies or _javascript_ are enabled) when one send or receive mails...

I hope my question is clear and sorry if the answer is obvious or if I didn't send it to the right e-mail address

Thanks