ExitPolicy question

     I added a number of ExitPolicy statements to torrc recently that take
the full form of

	ExitPolicy accept w.x.y.z:80

or

	ExitPolicy accept w.x.y.z/m:80

However, when I try to fetch a web page from a www.somedomain.topdomain
that resolves to w.x.y.z (web server on port 80) by specifying

	http://www.somedomain.topdomain.MYCROFTsOtherChild.exit

I get the common 404 due to the name not being resolved (as far as the
browser is concerned), and the info-level log from tor says things like

Aug 18 01:33:31.274 [warn] Requested exit point 'mycroftsotherchild' would refuse request. Closing.

(MYCROFTsOtherChild is my server's Nickname, and it's running 0.2.1.4-alpha.)
Is tor supposed to refuse to allow one to test one's own exit policies in
this way?  Or am I doing something else wrong?  Thanks in advance for any
clues.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG