[OT] mail interfaces (was Re: Paid performance-tor option?)

     On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:23:08 +0200 Ansgar Wiechers <tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>On 2008-08-19 Scott Bennett wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:17:58 +0200 Ansgar Wiechers wrote:
>>> On 2008-08-19 Scott Bennett, persistently sending his mails without
>>> In-Reply-To- or References-headers, thus continually breaking threads
>>> for everyone else, complained:
>>>
>>> Remove the beam from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter
>>> from someone else's.
>>
>>      This I've discussed here before. Demanding the use of threaded
>> mail readers is silly for a low-volume list and is not required in any
>> case.
>
>As usual you're completely missing the point. Nobody's demanding the use
>of threaded MUAs, but a lot of people do use them, and threading is
>convenient even for low low-volume lists. Your persistent refusal to use
>a reasonable mail setup, which in turn leads to broken threads, makes
>things unnecessarily hard for everyone else for no apparent reason other
>than your reluctance to fix your mail setup.
>
>Beam and splinter. Stop making things hard for others yourself, then you
>can come again and complain.

     Like I wrote before, check the archives if it really concerns you
so much.
     One more time, repeat after me:  Scott Bennett is *not* the system
administrator on this system and *cannot* install mail software onto it.
It is not a matter of my refusing to accede to your unreasonable demands
to do something I cannot do in order to pamper your lazy self.  I have no
trouble following the traffic on this list.  Maybe you should try reading
something easier if it gives you trouble.  Stop worrying about headers,
and start worrying about content.
     Now give it a rest, would you?  This list is supposed to be about tor,
for goodness's sake.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG