Re: xB Mail: Anonymous Email Client

Arrakis wrote:
>> (I don't think it's necessary to repeat that thread.)
>
> Then I'm unsure why you thought it appropriate to repeat it now.

It's appropriate to repeat it because you're spamming this list again
with your ideas about licensing. You continue your attempts to ride on
the coat tales of the Free Software and Open Source licenses that came
before you.

*The TESLA software license is neither 'open source' or 'free'/'free
software' as people commonly understand those terms.*

> If FOSS is your jesus, that's fine. If you don't mind spyware
> makers and for-profit codejackers being the only ones getting
> a boot in the face, that's fine too. The point being, it is
> not your prerogative to choose my software religion, or that
> of others.

It's absolutely reasonable to point out that the TESLA license isn't
what it purports to be. Get an OSI certification on the license and then
call it 'open source' software. He's not telling you how to license your
code. He's telling *other people* what your code license isn't. You're
misusing terms they're familiar with and it's fair to let people know
the history behind your misuse of the terms. The posts speak for themselves.

> And if it was merely your noble intention to bring relevant
> subject data to light, rather than embarrassing the EFF by
> making a comment antithetical to their existence and attempting
> to derail a thread, then we should seriously consider uploading
> your consciousness to the google collective.

You're crossing the line here. Seth isn't embarrassing the EFF. He's
pointing out that you're misusing the terms you throw around without
fully understanding them. As an EFF supporter, I certainly find his
behavior to be reasonable. Stop misusing those terms and people will
stop calling you on it. It's a factual debate and the facts aren't on
your side.

> Kind Regards,
> Arrakis
>
> P.S. Privacy enhancing technologies are a young science. Who
> knows, some people might appreciate such a license..

People might. When you find them, please start a mailing list so that
people who care will sign up and then they can read all about it.

This kind of discussion doesn't belong on or-talk anyway.

To be clear, it's not because of your licensing that the emails aren't a
fit. Your licensing is just a hilariously bad mistake. One that you keep
repeating to the same crowd of people you ask for advice (that you never
seem to take). Over and over and over again. I'm sick of it. I'm also
not interested in you attacking Seth because you do not comprehend Free
and Open Source licensing terms.

To be clear, your xB* software doesn't belong on or-talk because it has
next to nothing to do with Tor. If you configure a mail client to use
Tor, no one else needs to know about it.

Please stop spamming or-talk with details of your software projects.
Please take the discussion somewhere else.

Pretty pretty please,
Jacob