Re: AVG + TOR = BARF

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 16:22 -0700, scar wrote:

Not to sound tinfoil, but I would trust Google _far_ more than I would
trust riseup. With it's political agenda it's most definitely
compromised, and if it isn't now, it will be the instant the FBI can say
some ELF member uses it. Google may log everything, but that means that
google's logging a _lot_, and you won't be drawn under suspicion just by
using it. Good anonymity comes from blending into a crowd, and riseup
won't let you do that.

As always, this won't matter if you only use the account with encrypted
content. However, a lot of activists I've talked to think that the fact
that riseup uses SSL means "the account is encrypted", so I don't think
that'll be popular anytime soon.