[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Vidalia 0.2.1 Released
The better formatted entry can be found at
Vidalia 0.2.1 is now available. This is a test release of the 0.2.x
branch, which we hope to soon make the mainline version; replacing the
Vidalia can be downloaded at https://www.torproject.org/vidalia/.
* Add a "Find Bridges Now" button that will attempt to automatically
download a set of bridge addresses and add them to the list of
bridges in the Network settings page.
* Add support for building with Google's Breakpad crash reporting
library (currently disabled by default).
* Show or hide the "Who has used my bridge recently?" link along
with the other bridge-related widgets when the user toggles the relay
mode in the Network settings page. (Ticket #480)
* Tolerate bridge addresses that do not specify a port number, since
Tor now defaults to using port 443 in such cases.
* Add support for viewing the map as a full screen widget when built
with KDE Marble support.
* Compute the salted hash of the control password ourself when
starting Tor, rather than launching Tor once to hash the password,
parsing the output, and then again to actually start Tor.
* Add a signal handler that allows Vidalia to clean up and exit
normally when it catches a SIGINT or SIGTERM signal. (Ticket #481)
* If the user chooses to ignore further warnings for a particular
port, remove it from the WarnPlaintextPorts and RejectPlaintextPorts
settings immediately. Also remember their preferences and reapply
them later, even if Tor is unable to writes to its torrc.(Ticket #493)
* Don't display additional plaintext port warning message boxes
until the first visible message box is dismissed. (Ticket #493)
* Renamed the 'make win32-installer' CMake target to 'make
dist-win32' for consistency with our 'make dist-osx' target.
* Fix a couple bugs in the WiX-based Windows installer related to
building a Marble-enabled Vidalia installer.
* Write the list of source files containing translatable strings to
a .pro file and supply just the .pro file as an argument to lupdate,
rather than supplying all of the source file names themselves.
The Tor Project