Re: tracking locally originated traffic from an exit node ... ?

--- On Tue, 8/3/10, John Case <case@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So ... if I've got a 5 or 10 mbps exit node with a healthy
> list of connections, can I use lynx locally to browse
> anonymously ?

I suspect that latencies would strongly differentiate your
traffic from regular tor exit node traffic.  Also, while
you may have a decent amount of tor bandwidth, how much of
that bandwidth can actually be used by an individual tor
user?  Individual tor users going through at least 2
other nodes before yours may still be severely BW limited
before  reaching your exit node.  If your traffic is not
so BW limited, it will likely stand out again.

My quick $.02,

-Martin