Legal response to real abuse

Hi,

The Tor website provides pretty good legal information and references in regard to DMCA complaints (to supposedly ease the communication with the ISP). I had to limit our exit policy for the US node anyway, so the only complaints my ISP is receiving now are worse cases, ie. actual abuse: Hacking, spamming, defacements, you name it. Today for example, an individual contacted my ISP about his (successfully) hacked email account using one of our Tor exit nodes.

I know that this is probably a hard question, but are there any paragraphs in US law I can quote to make my ISP feel more comfortable about that? And me? :)

Moritz
http://www.torservers.net/