Re: DuckDuckGo now operates a Tor exit enclave

Hi Eugen,

I'm wondering why you posted this without any comment.

On 08/13/2010 06:32 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> DuckDuckGo now operates one of these relays, and more importantly an exit
> enclave for DDG search engine traffic.

As far as I could see, DDH is a search engine frontend.
So what does this statement exactly mean? Do you use their exit nodes
when doing a browser request to their search engine or is it when using
links on DDG search results?
How can such a behaviour be technically achieved?

> That means if you're on Tor, and you access DDG, you'll likely exit through
> our relay and get service much faster. Tor can be slow, but this should speed
> it up a bit (when using DuckDuckGo).

I don't see any chance how for doing such a thing. Even if so, what's
its purpose?

I am really confused by this. Seems like I oversee something important.
Perhaps someone can help me out of this.

Regards, Michael
--
Michael Scheinost
michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx