Re: Cannot retrieve apt key from keyserver

Hi David,

On 08/16/2010 03:33 PM, via.lej@xxxxxxx wrote:
> When I type in the terminal the following line:
> -------
> gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv 886DDD89
> -------
>
> I get an error telling me the key hasn't been found. I tried to retrieve the key
> from http://keys.gnupg.net/. The key isn't found.

perhaps it was just a temporary problem. When I search for the key I get
the following:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --search-keys 886DDD89
gpg: searching for "886DDD89" from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
(1)     deb.torproject.org archive signing key
          2048 bit RSA key 886DDD89, created: 2009-09-04

> How can I install apt repository without this key ? Is there another way to
> retrieve the key ?

You can install this software without the key by ignoring the warning,
but this is not recommended.

For receiving the key you can try another keyserver like pgp.mit.edu or
pool.sks-keyservers.net.
If you prefer a Webbrowser you can try this link:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xEE8CBC9E886DDD89

Michael
--
Michael Scheinost