Re: The team of PayPal is a band of pigs and cads!

And I imagine that means you were too nice to respond with "Can I
please talk to someone who actually understands what I am talking
about?"

Way back in the day when ISPs offered shell accounts, I noticed that
ping was in sbin on solaris. So I made myself a ~/bin dir and made a
sym link to ping (I know, a bit round about, but it made sense to me
at the time). I thought nothing of it, and forgot all about it.

One day, a year or so later, my account was locked and when I called,
I was told it was because it looked like my "account had been hacked
and someone enabled unauthorized access to the ping command". I just
didn't even know how to respond to that other than thanking them and
changing my password.

Of course, this is the same service where I got a talk message from
someone, and he started asking if I could help with his algebra
homework. After going over some problems with him and explaining a
bit, I was then asked if I needed another email address, as he was the
head sysadmin.

-Steve