Re: [Bulk] Re: The team of PayPal is a band of pigs and cads!

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:31 PM, David Carlson <carlson.dl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I understand that correctly, it means that my ISP can tell that I am
> having a secure communication with, say, Paypal, even if the contents of my
> communication is encrypted. ÂIs that correct? ÂWouldn't I be lost in the
> crowd of others also communicating with Paypal? ÂIf the ISP is unable to
> glean any information about the contents of my communication, where am I at
> risk?

Your ISP knows who you areâ so you wouldn't be "lost in the crowd".
Someone who could observe your network could potentially correlate the
times, durations, amount of data sent, etc to paypal with other data
about you in order to learn things which you might prefer that they
not know.