Re: [tor-talk] Connection / socket issues with Tor on Mac OS

Hi Geoff,
yes… That was exactly the problem! I falsely assumed that Polipo would automatically read the config file from that directory, but that obviously wasn't right. Now it's also clear why Vidalia worked whereas my shell commands didn't, as Vidalia perhaps calls Polipo with the right parameters. Well, sorry for this - this probably happens when you try to use software that you don't fully understand! :-)
Robin