Re: [tor-talk] Designing a secure "Tor box" for safe web browsing?

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011 23:29:21 +0200
Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gozu-san,
> thanks for the links! They seem like good starting points for such a
> project. Such a box would be, when designed and fully configured, a
> good and stable way for people wanting to give their machines secure
> www access. Other than the software config, I could also imagine
> certain hardware precautions that could be made. For example, such a
> device could, in theory, come with a static ROM that contains the
> software in a way which can't be altered. The dynamic info required
> to run Tor could then be stored in a RAM (e.g. directory / cirquit
> info, logs, etc) and would be discarded immediately once the device
> is disconnected from the power source. The advantage of such a setup
> would be that it wouldn't store more data than required for sure.
> However, I guess updating Tor, or any other packages, would be
> impossible in that case. Still, I do like the idea of having a black
> box that takes care of anon web resource access and privacy control.
> Guess I'll keep researching and working on th is, and see what I come
> up with! If anyone would like to help, suggest ideas or thinks this
> would be total nonsense, please let me know! I'm new to working on
> such projects and have some general ideas at the moment, so this is
> also kind of exciting for me. Robin

take a look at:
http://isprins.blogspot.com/2011/03/excitos-b3-and-tor.html
http://forum.excito.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2898
The software upgrade with tor included is coming soon.

--
PGP KEY ID 2D22D97B
HÃken Hveem