Re: [tor-talk] New Tor Browser Bundles with Firefox 6

On 8/21/2011 5:51 AM, Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
Hi everyone,

We've updated the experimental Tor Browser Bundles to Firefox 6 and
all users are strongly encouraged to upgrade, as Firefox 6 fixes some
serious security issues present in Firefox 5. See
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-tor-browser-bundles-firefox-6 for
more information and download links.
Thanks. How "experimental" are they? They are alpha releases, after all. For most software, alpha releases are only intended for testing (most developers stress that point). For something involving privacy / anonymity (depending on where you live), is using an alpha version for every day use advisable? Yes, Firefox 6 fixes security issues, but TBB is alpha.

I've always wondered about Tor Project's (perceived) different opinion that users should switch to a , b versions - vs. other developers' caution about using them.