[tor-talk] Tor service can't start with "CPU worker" error

Hello,
I've been running a Tor relay for almost 5 days now and it works great!
Unfortunately, I rebooted my server (which is running Tor) today, and
when I do "service tor status", I get the following:

PID file (/var/run/tor/tor.pid) present, but tor (1914) not running

I tried:

(1) Rebooting the server again

(2) running "service tor restart"

But that didn't help. So I looked at the logs (info level), and found
the following on the last lines:

Aug 27 16:53:24.447 [info] choose_good_exit_server_general(): Chose
exit server 'TOR1CINIPAC'
Aug 27 16:53:24.452 [info] circuit_handle_first_hop(): Next router is
[scrubbed]: Connection in progress; waiting.
Aug 27 16:53:24.452 [info] cpuworker_main(): CPU worker exiting
because Tor process closed connection (either rotated keys or died).

There seems to be a problem with the "cpuworker"? But what does that mean?

By the way, the default notice level tor.log did not show any errors,
but always end with 80% bootstrap as its last line...

The Tor I have is version 0.2.1.30 installed via yum from the
"torproject" RPM repository as indicated on the Tor website. Also, my
system is Scientific Linux 6.1 64-bit, which is RHEL without the
brand.

Can anyone help with this? I am eager to get my relay up and running
again. Thanks.