Re: [tor-talk] Tor Exit Node Operator Raided in USA.

On 31/08/11 17:16, Martin Fick wrote:
--- On Wed, 8/31/11, Fabian Keil<freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Martin Fick<mogulguy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

--- On Mon, 8/29/11, Matthew<pumpkin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/08/why-ip-addresses-alone-dont-identify-criminals

If you run an exit relay, consider operating it in a
Tor-friendly commercial facility instead of your home
to make it less likely that law enforcement agents will
show up at your door.
Hmm, I am surprised by the EFFs advice here.

It it is legal as they claim, shouldn't they be
heralding us to run an exit node at home and not
be intimidated by ignorant law enforcement?  And
that they will help defend us in case of an
issue?
After all, they are recommending open wireless
access points from individuals:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/04/open-wireless-movement
I think getting raided due to running a Tor exit node at
home (or even remotely) is a lot more likely than getting
raided due to running an open wireless access point.
Tell that to this guy:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/24/unsecured-wifi-child-pornography-innocent_n_852996.html

That raid sounds worse than any tor related raid I have
read about in any country,

-Martin

Read the comments.  Most of them are critical of the cops.