Re: [tor-talk] anyone created an acct on GMX using Tor?

On 8/1/2012 3:04 PM, Jerzy Åogiewa wrote:
I have 1 idea for this

Why cannot tor be used in such a way: as a home user, i am willing to let tor users use my connection for a few sites. gmail gmx and other mail sites for example.

Can we have some option that lets home tor users share their connections in some limited way?

Good for registrations, I think!

I'm no expert, but seems this would require Tor becoming a P2P network, which requires in some manner, transmitting IP addresses to each other. However, Tor IP addresses aren't exclusive to any one user at any given time. Your idea is that Tor network would cloak the true identity of one user from another?

Since Tor users often have enough trouble accessing some sites now, how would using others addresses provide any more success or anonymity? Besides, now one can get a new IP address w/ a click, or specify exit nodes in specific countries. As I see it, the problem is some sites don't like TOR EXITS, which they can identify & that multiple users are coming from the same address.