Re: [tor-talk] how does Tor generate IP Address

On 8/2/2012 11:07 AM, anu nivas wrote:
Hello,

I would like to know how IP addresses are generated by Tor. If I use Tor ,
is there a chance that my IP address would be assigned as proxy address of
another Tor client?
If you mean, a chance that your REAL ISP - assigned address; assigned to your router / acct, when you're computer is connected to your ISP's network - then answer is no. Your real ISP would never be assigned by a Tor node (server) because they use ranges of IP addresses of their own.

If you're asking if > 1 Tor user could be assigned the same exit IP address at same time, the answer is yes.