Re: [tor-talk] Tor as ecommerce platform

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:07:49 +0300, Maxim Kammerer wrote:
I doubt that the Tor Project will ever acknowledge such support. Tor
developers (or at least policy people) like to pretend that Tor is
used for purposes that they consider morally right, and ignore the
uses that are morally wrong [1].

Tor cannot market and state "#1 network of drug cartels worldwide". If so, the tor project people will find themselves arrested and the scapegoats for the US war on drugs. Canon does not market their cameras as "great for child pornography" even though the high-end Canon cameras are the #1 camera for child pornos. I suspect the flickr breakdown by camera model is just as valid for child pornos as anything else, https://secure.flickr.com/cameras/. As a curious side project, I am analyzing all of the EXIF info from child pornography to determine which cameras are popular. I suspect iphones and canon cameras are well represented.

I actually intend to write a Tor server patch to be able to gather
.onion access statistics on relays, once I am sufficiently bored, just
for the fun cognitive dissonance potential (expecting drugs and CP
forums to top the list).

Please do and publish all of the data you collect. Do not publish just the data that matches your suppositions. Torgle and other .onion search engines should help you.