Re: [tor-talk] Reliable server hosting company for Tor exits?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 08:53:06PM +0200, Moritz Bartl wrote:
> On 23.08.2012 19:14, Robin Kipp wrote:
> > I would also like to work with an ISP that is concerned with user
> > pass on my personal information to third parties whenever a slight
> > sign of trouble arises.
>
> I don't believe in "privacy hosters". Once police is involved, every ISP
> will give out your data. Any decent ISP should not give out your info in
> other minor cases (or foreign investigations), and I don't think ISPs
> like Hetzner will. I don't really see what exactly you are trying to

You're supposed to be reachable via whois against the address space
your Tor exit egresses. That contact can be a person or a business
entitity. It is probably a good idea to register a LLC, Ltd. or GmbH
as the business entity to limit (but not necessarily prevent, so
be prepared to litigate) your personal liability against any
perceived abuse or violation. </ianal>