Re: [tor-talk] Can the Hidden Service ever be FAST?

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 15:39:40 +0000, Arian Sanusi wrote:
> Hi Jerzy,
>
> If relays were homogeneous distributed among the globe, two random relays will be 1/4 earth circumference apart on average.

That assumption is a bit skewed. Most of the time fast relay will be
selected, and they aren't quite randomly distributed. (Also bear in mind
that one half of the earth surface is almost entirely water and doesn't
take part in equidistribution.)

> This means that a round trip will have a speed of light delay of 12 hops * 10 000km each / 300 000 km/s speed of light.

...compensated by the fact that very few cables do not contain solid
insulation or light guides, and thus slow the signal down to 200000km/h.

The last month or so I experienced ssh over hidden services pretty
bearable, in contrast to earlier tries.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."