Re: [tor-talk] HS drop

On 08/11/2013 07:33 PM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM, mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Have you accumulated a list of all hidden services using spiders etc?
>> The address space of all possible hidden services (36! = 3.72e+41) is
>> far^N too large to scan, right? ;)
> Unfortunately, due to mildly design limitations in hidden services you
> don't need to scan the 80 bit HS space in order to monitor which
> hidden services are active.
  And if you spider them based on links and onion search engines, you
can get a decent idea of active hidden services.  But I'd still like to
see some data before believing that the cascade of downed hidden
services is that large.

  Care to share your metrics, grarpamp?

~Griffin

--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My posts, while frequently amusing, are not representative of the thoughts of my employer.