Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Financial Transparency

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 17:27 -0300, Juan Garofalo wrote:
> 	The fact that there are power struggles between different government factions doesn't mean government isn't 'monotholitic' for a lot of practical purposes.
>
> better worded :
>

> 	Government can still be 'monolothic' in a practical sense, despite power struggles between different government factions.

I very much doubt that any organization can be purely monolithic in a
practical sense, once you get outside the scale and devotion of cults.

Even at Jonestown, there were people that refused to drink the Kool-Aid;
the US Government is even more fragmented.

Remember, the vast majority of research money in the US comes from the
Department of Defense, especially in computer science. If you're an
academic CS person in the US, you've probably been paid by a DoD grant
at some point. That doesn't make you a pawn of the NSA.

--
Sent from Ubuntu