Re: [tor-talk] Many more Tor users in the past week?

Georg Koppen:
> On 30.08.2013 09:14, Mike Perry wrote:
> > 2. If this was Pirate Browser:
>
> They are using FoxyProxy, right? Let's assume the PirateBrowser folks
> did not deactivate update checks. Then, there should be a similar spike
> visible on AMO where FoxyProxy is hosted. But there is no such spike in
> the FoxyProxy user statistics.

Nice. So it would appear** we're solidly in botnet territory then? Good
thing I didn't bother to proofread the Pirate Browser section of my
email for typos then.

** The key assumption here is that the PB folks did not disable addon
updates or pings. Since I can't reproduce their bundles, there's no way
in hell I'll be the one to confirm this. Any braver souls want to
confirm/deny?

--
Mike Perry