Re: [tor-talk] Many more Tor users in the past week?

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, lucia wrote:
WRT: "May be a botnet is using Tor?"

Read the thread at
http://www.spambotsecurity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2095  The title
is
"Anyone else get hit by TOR-cloaked(?) botnet?"

Bot with Tor addresses hitting sites and attempting SQL injection have
been seen. I don't know how widespread it is.

I believe it's fairly common - and definitely not new. Botnets using Tor for C&C-communication isn't new either.

But I suspect that either a new botnet, or one that's recently been updated, is using Tor at a far larger scale than previously seen.

Martijn.