Re: [tor-talk] Third-parties tracking me on Tor

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 07:37:22PM -0400, TerryZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I can't remember the Hidden Wiki's site address the link was on. The
>HS site owner was in contact with me via tormail. Shortly after that I
>picked up on some unusual activity and backed off. This site could have
>been a setup. I'm not dealing in anything illegal but some things could
>be used for incrimination and character assassination.

Hi folks,

I'd just like to remind you that every mail you send to tor-talk is
read by several thousand Tor users, activists, and developers.

The best way to use the list is to save up everything you wanted to say
about a thread and then write one coherent mail about it.

Otherwise you risk everybody deleting your thread, and worse, furthering
the tendency for everybody smart to ignore the list in general.

(And to contribute more usefully to this thread: it does sound like
endpoint security is the thing to look at more for this user -- some sort
of spyware on the user's computer could explain all of these problems.)

--Roger