[tor-talk] General question regarding tor, ssl and .onion.

Hello,

     I'm curious, I'm developing an app whereas sharing/collaboration
can be done by localhost through tor and .onion address between pairs or
multiples. When I use standard http there seems to not be any problems
connecting different computers, different IPs, etc. and interacting, but
when attempting to do it under https there isn't any connection. Https
is definitely functioning with original hosts.

     My question is, since things are already going through tor with
.onion connections and things encrypted anyway, is not using ssl really
presenting any sort of serious compromise on anonymity? Wouldn't it be
sort of like encrypting the encryption?

Mark