Re: [tor-talk] Am I successfully using Torsocks, SSH, and a VPS? Please advise, thanks!

On 08.08.16 13:55, blobby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I, like many other uses of Tor, have become increasingly frustrated with sites like Craigslist which discriminate against Tor. It makes these sites hard to use. I therefore decided to discover if it is possible to use Tor but end up with a non-Tor IP.
There was a discussion of the same issue recently in
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2016-July/041721.html . Ben Tasker is right, if the VPS is registered in your name, you is not anonymous. Even if the VPS is not linked to you, it is your pseudonym.