[tor-talk] Algorithm that chooses exit nodes

Dear fellows,

I´d like to know, what algorithm does TOR use to chose an exit node?
What I find strange is, I always get an exit node from the same region on this planet. I never had an exit node, say from Russia or Hong Kong or Japan, but always from the same region.

This algorithm does not seem to chose it really randomly.
Thus I´m curious how TOR choses exit nodes!

Thank you