Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle update mechanism for Unix

anonymous.coward@xxxxxxxxx:
> Dear list,
>
> can someone explain how the TBB update mechanism works precisely with
> Unix operating systems?
>
> Especially I´d like to know, does it use a shell script for updating the
> TBB?
> If yes, will the shell script be downloaded first or is it already
> existing?
>
> Is the binary Browser/updater the program that processes the update?
>
> I´m asking, because I use Mandatory Access Control to confine the
> browser bundle and need to know how the update mechanism may require to
> access the TBB directory and files.

We are basically using the update mechanism of Firefox but point it to
our own servers. See: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update and the
links in the link list on that site to get an overview of how the system
is working.

Georg