Re: [tor-talk] [tor-relays] Exit in Turkey blocking torproject (komm EA93C), BadExit, Node Subscription Services, Censorship

Good God every conversation, now. Anyway.

This exit isn’t bad exit material. Turkey has been known to block Tor though, I’m actually proud of this guy for having the cajones (also known as balls to those of you who don’t habla espanol) to operate an exit in country such as Turkey, which absolutely hates freedom inducing technologies such as Tor. Let’s give this guy (or gal) the atto-boy by marking the exit as a bad-exit just because stuff gets blocked in autocratic regimes that this operator has no control over. None, absolutely none. They screw with the DNS servers over there, that’s why during the last uprising they were tagging “8.8.8.8” on the walls.

Now they’re doing things a little more sophisticated. Either way, this guy gives us a window to see what is blocked and what isn’t blocked within the Turkish thunderdome.

-Conrad