Re: TorDNS fixed

Void Beast wrote:

Wilson wrote:

Void Beast wrote:

Tried running your program... Appears to be busted?
It just beeps at me angrily, and closes within half a second of opening it.

Beast

Wilson wrote:

Sorry for all the threads, anyways......

I had to fix something in TorDNS, it was not waiting long enough to resolve hostnames, it should
be fixed now..... TorDNS v1.3b

http://sandos.ath.cx/~badger/tordns.html

p.s. This program is the bomb, fast DNS resolvement through Tor, like an isp name server...

C. Wilson

Tried running your program... Appears to be busted?

It just beeps at me angrily, and closes within half a second of opening it.

That is because you did not set it up properly..... you need to change your DNS network
settings to localhost....primary DNS changed to localhost (usually 127.0.0.1) and seconday
DNS you leave blank, so windows does not attempt to connect to any other DNS server
but TorDNS.

Program works great for me :)

Nai... I did that... it still does not wish to run for me =(

Well, I added a win2k version of TorDNS to the website. The problem might be also
that you have a version of TorDNS already running in memory (somwhow), press
CTRL-ALT-DELETE and stop any process that has TorDNS in it..... Then try again...
If not, the problem might be that you can not use 127.0.0.1 as a DNS server. If so,
use the win2k version.
Please let me know how it works.