Re: EFF no longer funding Tor (was Re: ATTN: for-profit Tor operators)

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 08:35:41PM -0500, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> We don't need complex theories to explain it. They simply ran out of
> money. They had to let go some of their actual employees too. This time
> of year is never good for non-profits.

I've put up a donations page for Tor here:

http://tor.eff.org/donate.html.en

Nick and I are continuing to work on Tor in our spare time, but as you
can see, the user base is growing faster than our development can keep
up. Please help us to put our attention back on Tor development rather
than getting day jobs.

Thanks,
--Roger