Re: Help me understand tor with SSL?

--- Juliusz Chroboczek <Juliusz.Chroboczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >   Privoxy also removes certain
> >   dangerous headers from your web
> >   requests, and blocks obnoxious ad
> >   sites like Doubleclick.
>
> This is better done in the browser, for quite a few reasons, including
> the fact that there is no way a proxy can do that for SSL connections.

um.. I just tried going to https://www.doubleclick.net/ & got the

Privoxy blocked https://www.doubleclick.net:443/
See why

page back.

If the only browser you use is Firefox, maybe it might be better doing
everything inside the browser (although I've had problems with torbutton and
noscript breaking things).  But I use 3 different browsers; one of which is IE
and I don't think you can do much of any blocking/filtering there.

thoughts?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs