Re: Build Problems on Solaris

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 08:27:39PM +0000, Steve Murphy wrote:
> Hi Nick.
>
> Got a bit further building from svn-12686.
> Throws up a warning about tor_threads_init
> Also tried --disable-threads & did the same.

Ah, I think I see what this is.  In 0.2.0.x, threads are now
mandatory.  But threads default to off on solaris for some old reason.
(I believe we fixed the bug in question.)  Try configuring with an explicit
--enable-threads?  I'll change the behavior assuming this works.

(Also, make sure you have libevent 1.3e or later; earlier ones had
Solaris bugs, I believe.)

yrs,
--
Nick