Re: US Customers: anyone helping me?

Am Dienstag 08 Dezember 2009 schrieb John Case:

> We had a big long discussion about hardware devices a few months ago:
>
> You may find it useful to read that entire thread.
>
> In short: the Sun SCA-1000 does not perform AES at all, and will not help
> you with Tor at all.

Thanks, I was reading the whole thread and it was very interesting to me. I know that the Sun SCA-1000 does NOT encrypt AES, but there is something that was not discussed in the thread: Random Devices.

Thats what I found in a Sun doc about the SCA-1000:

# Hardware Random Numbers: True random number generation of up to 125 Kbps

Without such a board a system creates "only" pseudo random numbers. Right now I am very interested in questions regarding crypto and randomness. I wanted first check some more about this, then opening a discussion thread here about the quality of tor keys and PRNG versus hardware based randomness. Thats the main reason why I am interested in that card.

Thomas