Re: Pidgin with TOR

On 12/31/2009 6:47 AM, Freemor wrote:
<snip>
> Um... 9050 is TOR and SOCKS5. 8118 is Privoxy and HTTP.
>
> see:
> http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorifyHOWTO/InstantMessaging
> and/or
> http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/quickstart.html
>
> His problem is more likely due to Yahoo changing their protocol and
> breaking Pidgin yet again. It happens quite regularly. One of the many
> reasons I stopped using Yahoo.
>
> Regards,
> Freemor

I'm using 127.0.0.1:9050 globally on Pidgin with Tor and have only
issues with AIM (tells me my IP has been connecting and disconnecting
too much and won't let me sign on). Not sure what problems the OP is
having as one of my 10 accounts is a Yahoo account. Sometimes it takes a
while to connect, but otherwise it's fine.