Re: [tor-talk] segfault at 8 ip ... error 4 in tor

On 12/01/2011 09:16 AM, Hanspeter Spalinger wrote:
Hi,

I built a new gdb (from the homepage), and got the output below. I too
tried rebuild tor from the source (apt-get source,
dpkg-buildpackage,...) and both times the stack trace looks like this. I
do not understand why gdb does not find the tor-dbg symbols, i installed
them and squeeze gdb finds them, but not the new gdb (i tried the
map-debug configure option and used the -s Option to directly give the
path, but nothing worked)

spahan:~/tor2# ../gdb/gdb-7.3.1/gdb/gdb -s /usr/lib/debug/usr/sbin/tor
tor /var/lib/tor/core

You might try building tor yourself and launching the tor executable right from the path where it was built, i.e., the location from which 'make install' would copied it.

That's always given me the best luck for having gdb locate symbols and source.

- Marsh