Re: [tor-talk] tails on Microsoft Virtual PC

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Eugen Leitl wrote:

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Eugen Leitl wrote:

I've just tried tails in a Microsoft PC VM and it's quite nice.
Anyone knows how to switch the screen resolution, as the default
debian doesn't seem to know the virtual hardware?

Hmm... in recent vmware, I simply choose:

System > Preferences > Monitors

and it "just works".  That's not the case in Virtual PC ?

I guess I have to move to VMWare player, then. I didn't want
to add a yet another virtualization system, since I already
have the XP Mode activated. It seems it's possible to migrate
the existing images via VMWare converter so I'll just do that.

In my case I don't have any images, nor anything to migrate, etc. - I just create a new instance every time there is a new tails iso released.

I guess I have to tell it how much memory and how much disk space (0.1 GB) to allocate, and give it the location of the ISO, but that's it.