Re: [tor-talk] Automatic vulnerability scanning of Tor Network?

>> Security trough obscurity doesn't scale, so what' the problem?
>
> The problem is that I don't know you, I don't know your intentions,
> and I haven't given you permission to do a security audit, free or
> otherwise, on my machine.  You need to GET PERMISSION FIRST or you're
> behaving exactly like those "Tor unfriendly person" you mentioned.

It sounds to me like you shouldn't be on the Internet. This attitude is
ignorant of reality, real security, and the ethics of the Internet. What
are the ethics of the Internet? There are none. It is not a single place
or group. You are the one taking the risk of being exposed to things you
don't like. Be it port scans, denial of service attacks, language you
dislike, ideas, fraud, or other malice. There is only one general law that
you will find applies everywhere in the world and that is treason.

Your view offends me. I however will not suggest you be denied access to
the Internet. That is what I agreed to by sending and accepting packets.

You are welcome to participate in the Tor network-or not. That is up to
you. You also accept whatever risks there are to running a Tor node.

I for one will not stop running a node just because someone port scans me.
It is up to me to protect my systems.