Re: [tor-talk] "If you have access to certain tools, you can completely ignore Tor."

> > if you send an e-mail to a non-webmail client (like Thunderbird) which
> > does not go via Tor, then the IP can be determined when it loads the 1x1
> > HTML pixel from the website
>
> Could you clarify the question?  As Phillip mentioned, Tbird can be
> Torrified, but I've never been impressed or convinced that the methods
> are fool proof by any means.

This assumes that a non-webmail client loads external images. Kmail doesn't,
unless you tell it to. By default it shows the plain text version of an
email; if there isn't one, it shows HTML code. If you have an HTML-only
message and want to see external images, you have to click once to render the
email as HTML, then once to see the external images.