Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia Bundle (Tor, Polipo & Vidalia)

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 10:10:54PM -0500, DLipman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote 0.6K bytes in 15 lines about:
: I wanted to update my Vidalia Bundle (Tor, Polipo & Vidalia) but I could NOT find the
: software I have traditionally used.
:
: I want to use Tor mainly for its Proxy capability and no-where could I find the Vidalia
: Bundle which contains Vidalia, Tor and Polipo.
:
: What happened to this combo ?

We stopped linking to it from the website with this latest
release of Tor Browser. Over a year ago we stated we were going
to remove the plain vidalia bundles in favor of Tor Browser, see
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/plain-vidalia-bundles-be-discontinued-dont-panic.

The reasons in that blog post are still valid today. Even moreso as Tor
continues to attract a less-technology savvy userbase.

You can use the tor browser bundle to do the same things you did in the
past with the vidalia bundle, it just comes with a free browser. Or if you
understand the moving components, use one of the bridge/relay-by-default
bundles and reconfigure it, or use the tor expert bundle for your SOCKS
proxy needs.

We stopped distributing polipo a while ago, see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6039 for the progress
in getting the references off the page.

--
Andrew