Re: [tor-talk] Interested in a Tor Browser update script for Debian, Ubuntu and derivatives?

adrelanos wrote (08 Dec 2012 13:02:54 GMT) :
> What if we had a Debian package which contains a Tor
> Browser updater?

While working on the Tails incremental updates feature [1],
I discovered (thanks to Robert Ransom) that, in some threat models one
often considers when using Tor, upgrades are much harder to do safely
than I initially thought. I strongly suggest reading the TUF project's
documentation [2] to learn how much.

 [1] https://tails.boum.org/todo/incremental_upgrades/
 [2] https://www.updateframework.com/

Cheers!