Re: [tor-talk] Aggregate-type settings in torrc

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Maxim Kammerer <mk@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are settings like ReachableAddresses guaranteed to aggregate in torrc?
> E.g., is
>   ReachableAddresses 1.2.3.4:56
>   ReachableAddresses 7.8.9.1:78
> equivalent to
>   ReachableAddresses 1.2.3.4:56, 7.8.9.1:78
> It is the case in my tests, but would like to be sure.

All of the ones that take exit-policy-like things work that way, I believe.

> Also, does obfs2 transport always use TCP? Or can it use e.g. UDP?

Right now it always uses TCP.  You could add a new protocol to
obfsproxy that used UDP, but to do so you'd need to make sure that it
provided reliable in-order delivery semantics.

> And last question, is there a reason that a line like
>   ClientTransportPlugin obfs2 exec /usr/bin/obfsproxy --managed
> causes Tor to always run an obfsproxy daemon, even if there are no obfs2
> bridges defined in torrc?

Interesting; I'm not sure that's how it should work at all.  George,
any ideas about this one?

--
Nick