Re: [tor-talk] Gmail and Tor

Can somebody pleeeeeease direct me to where I can opt out of this constant emails that I am not even involved in. Please help I get around 4 emails per day. Can somebody link me and tell me what I can do? Thank you.
------Original Message------
From: Maxim Kammerer
Sender: tor-talk-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] Gmail and Tor
Sent: 21 Dec 2012 14:26

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Personally I think Gmail needs to bury a "leave us anons and
> corporate VPN'ers alone with this business about 'protecting us'"
> option somewhere in their config, or just notice Tor/VPN/Proxy
> and do it by default.

But Google's purpose is not to protect you — it is to protect their
customers (advertisers). Your value in this ecosystem, as a product,
depends on correctly authenticating your account. Google's claim that
out-of-band authentication is required to prevent spammers from using
the ecosystem doesn't hold water [1]

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-October/026023.html

--
Maxim Kammerer