Re: [tor-talk] Tor Weekly News — December 25th, 2013

On 25/12/2013 7:33 AM, Lunar wrote:

The Tor Project now accepts donation in Bitcoin

As is often pointed out in the press, the majority of the Tor Project’s
financial support comes from US government-linked organizations. In the
ongoing effort to offer as many possible ways for individuals and
organizations to give help to the project, Bitcoin donations are now
being accepted [8].

As Roger Dingledine wrote in a subsequent comment: “We really need to
get some funding for core Tor development, and especially for improving
Tor’s anonymity, because none of our current funders care enough about
the anonymity side of Tor. Outreach and blocking-resistance are great
topics, but we can’t let the anonymity part rot.”

Head over to the donations page [9] to learn more about how to chip in
with Bitcoins or other currencies.

    [8] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/announcement-tor-project-now-accepting-bitcoin-donations
    [9] https://www.torproject.org/donate/donate#bitcoin

Nobody has mentioned the Tails crowd-funding campaign here. The website states that Tor is to be one of the beneficiaries.

https://tails.boum.org/news/fpf_campaign/index.en.html

They have raised just over $28.000 so far and it has only been active, I believe, for a few days.

Ed
--
Ed Fletcher

"If you are not paying for it, you're not the
customer; you're the product being sold."
-- Andrew Lewis, August 26, 2010