[tor-talk] Idea: Public verification of exit nodes and their maintainers - Fwd: [tor-relays] specifying your own entrance and exit nodes

Please see forwarded messages from tor-relays below.

The problem: A user suspects interference with traffic on exit connections.

Users ad-hoc solution: The user has defined his own (too short?) list of
trusted exits.

Proposed long-term solution: Use existing web of trust systems to let exit
node maintainers sign their exit nodes fingerprint to obtain a
"Trusted"-flag. Maybe also let users sign relays fingerprint to obtain
higher trust score.

The objective of the proposed solution is to compile an as comprehensive as
possible, publicly available, list of trusted exit nodes.
Exit node maintainers should already be aware of the implications of
running an exit node and have taken the advised precautions. A signed
object including the exit nodes fingerprint could also include a statement
of compliance with exit node guidelines.
As my own exit nodes IP address is already traceable to my person, I would
have no problem signing off on the integrity of my exit node, and in my
case also my ISPs.