[tor-talk] Looking to write alternative to DNS2SOCKS...

I am a software developer who has been trying to use DNS2SOCKS but haven't
had much success with it communicating with the latest TOR
Bundle. DNS2SOCKS doesn't seem to have any support to mention, so now am
looking to write an equivalent to DNS2SOCKS myself (possibly also with ip6
support).

As this will be my first attempt at writing something that uses the TOR
network, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I should go for the
specs I would need to write an alternative to DNS2SOCKS?