Re: [tor-talk] single entity running >36% exit probability with 5 relays? scary.

On 10 Dec (19:04:02), nusenu wrote:
> take a look at the "e_prob" column:
>
> https://github.com/nusenu/tor-network-observations/blob/master/2015-12-10_relay-families.txt
>

> How did he manage to get such a high consensus weight
> (~10x ipredator's cw)?
>

> these four 0.2.7.5-dev relays were first seen on 2015-12-10 04:00:00
> are down since a few hours now
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/contact:robgjansen

Hi!

This morning I noticed a huge spike in the estimated exit probability
per continent graph and network capacity graph:

http://ygzf7uqcusp4ayjs.onion/tor-health/tor-health/index.html

After a bit of investiguation turns out 3 new relays were advertising a
HUGE bandwidth.

I contacted the person (it's a known Tor researcher at NRL) and he
realized they were mis-configured advertising way too much bw. It should
be fixed soon hopefully but they are 3 real exit nodes.

However, the humongeous weights are concerning since they were very
"young" relays in the lifetime of a relay so it worth investiguating and
thinking if this is normal or maybe a bug?

Cheers!
David